Longing for LUSCIOUS lips? Of course you are!
Get that SEXY lip volume you desire with Lip Filler treatments at Tox & Tonic!
We feature only FDA approved Lip Filler products made of hyaluronic acid injected by our EXPERT nurse injector staff to get you the look you want. Whether it’s just a ‘little lip’, a more noticeable ‘flip’, or perhaps you want the fullest pout in town…. no matter, we can make the magic happen!
Cost for the Initial session is $500 (for Tox & Tonic Members) and $550 (for non-members) for up to 1 syringe of filler.
Additional ’touch-up’ or ‘maintenance’ filler can be purchased in smaller increments (0.2 cc) for $140 (for Tox & Tonic Members) and $160 (for non-members) *This option is not available at the initial session
**Lip Filler Treatments may not be available at all times or at all locations.**
What to Expect DURING Your Lip Filler Session:
- We always start with consultation about your medical history and discuss the lip look you want and what we can, realistically, achieve in one session – lips can be challenging, so patience is KEY! It might take a few sessions to get you from Lip Flab to Lib Fab!
- Expect a photo shoot. Photos will be taken before and after each Lip Filler Session to document your progress. You may also want to take some photos on your phone before/after your treatment to share with your friends, your family, or on social media! If you are willing to allow us to use your photos on social media, let us know. We’d love to post them to our LIP LOOK BOOK!
- We will then cleanse your lips and apply a numbing agent to reduce discomfort during injections.
- Please let our nursing staff know if you suffer from cold sores as we have medication available to prevent any break-outs after your treatment.
- Let the FUN begin! Precise injections take time – allow up to an hour for your Lip Filler treatment.
What to Expect IMMEDIATELY AFTER Your Lip Filler Session:
- You should always expect some SWELLING after Lip Filler treatments! Lips are very sensitive and swell easily. We recommend that you take an antihistamine the day of your treatment and again the following day to help prevent excessive swelling. If you feel like your lips are more swollen than usual, we can provide you with additional medications as a precaution. We recommend propping your head up on a few pillows the night of your treatment to help with lymphatic drainage as your lips will appear the most swollen when you awake the day after your treatment. This typically lasts 24 hours or so.
- Avoid alcohol and exercise the day of your treatment and for the following 24 hours as this may cause more swelling to occur.
- Your lips may feel numb for several hours after injection. The products we use have lidocaine mixed into them to help with discomfort, so numbness is normal.
- You MAY BRUISE. Better yet, expect to bruise and if you don’t bruise, be happy! Lips are very vascular (that’s why they are RED) and bruises can naturally happen when we put a needle into them. If you are concerned about bruising, stop any supplements you may be taking, avoid alcohol, and start ARNICA tablets (available at most health food stores and online) 1 week prior to your appointment.
- Swelling and bruising should be expected but PAIN is not normal after Lip Filler injections. If you are experiencing pain after your session, let us know IMMEDIATELY, as this could be a sign of poor blood supply to the area and is something we need to manage right away.
What to Expect Over the FOLLOWING WEEK(s) After your Lip Filler Session:
- As the swelling subsides and your Lip Filler settles in, you may notice subtle asymmetries or a bit of lumpiness – this is normal. Allow up to 2 weeks for the filler to adjust.
- You may fall in love with your lips initially while they are still swollen and, once the swelling subsides, feel, well… a bit heartbroken. Not to worry, like we said, gorgeous lips are not always created in a single session. If you LOVED your lips when they were swollen, you may want us to place more product at your follow up session.
- We like to see all of our Lip Filler patients back 2-3 weeks after their initial session to insure that our patients are happy with their results and allow us to make any necessary adjustments.
* Remember – We all have facial asymmetries. While we may attempt to correct pre-existing asymmetries during your treatment session, it is not always possible. Don’t stress over it. The two sides of our faces are siblings, not identical twins. You’re still gorgeous.
* Not all lips are created equal. You may want to bring in a photo of your favorite lip look but the person in the photo, unless it’s you, isn’t you. Your face and your lips are different from anyone else’s. We will discuss what would look best on your face during the consultation process to make sure you are happy with your results before we begin.